Saturday, April 14, 2007

Waste of time

We had a meeting on friday. It was a bit annoying actually because it was completely pointless. Jesse's not doing too bad at the production manager thing, but it's about time he started making a plan for the meetings. I think maybe he needs to make those list things you have in big board meetings; I can't remember what they're called but they make everything run smoothly, and also probably could act as an indication of whether it's worth having a meeting...

I'm pretty dissapointed with the art team. It's by far the biggest team, and they've done almost nothing. The design book has about 7 pages filled; I'm not even sure if thats one page per person in the group. I wanted to get my animation guys started on some modeling, but we have nothing to model! And there's no way I'm modeling all their concepts. So the animation team is going through copius tutorials, which is good but not as productive as it could be.

I also found it interesting that the people who lasted longest at the meeting were the story team, and Lincoln and James from the animation team, and ofcourse Jesse.

Meh.

1 comment:

jdex24 said...

yup take a lood at my blog an what i wrote about the meeting. ive had a word with dino and i hope that things pick up. i just hope i dont push them too hard. also notable is eveyone from the story team shares the same passion about the game, and thats great... if the art team would show just as much enthusiasm as you guys do the we'll have a stunning game. the last point is i myself saw my weakness in leading on friday and thats why i've organised the day completly for our next meeting.

... sorry emails are so late, still waiting on stupid woosh to send router!!!