Monday, May 21, 2007

Review

Okay, as far as my involvement with the story is concerned, I think it would be fair to say that I was a key player. I had a lot of influence on the direction of the story right from the get go, and a lot of my ideas are in the final story. I did not however do any of the puzzles. I did all the key dialogue, which is the main driving force of most story's, and certainly this one. Dialogue is also key to setting the tone of the story. Overall I'm pretty happy with the story; I think it's interesting, well structured, a little bit original, and relatively well paced.

I am pretty happy with the way the story team worked, overall. I was particularly impressed by Jared, as he has a solid idea of what makes a good story (and I suppose because we agreed on most things).

As far as the design document goes I didn't have a huge imput, except ofcourse for the story. I did however do some of the technical parts (rendering descriptions etc). I said we should do the backgrounds 2D from the get go, but was rebutted by pretty much the entire team (who were all under the impression you could model a room way faster than you could draw it). Not to say 'I told you so' but they quickly changed their minds once the pressure came on. So I told you so. It was also my idea to cell shade. Which I think is a crucial decision to actually getting this game done (which I am still worried about), and so I'm going to take that credit. Although I am aware that it won't look as cool as if we had not cell shaded... But I think it's better not looking as cool, than not looking at all.

As animation lead I am relatively happy with my team.
Lincoln's done a fantastic job modeling Alex and rigging him. Although he spent too long rigging, and re-rigging. However he had to learn to rig and then do it, which mostly justafies it. He communicates and co-operates well. He's good to work with, and he's a talented guy.
Jame's has done a good job modeling and rigging the homeless man. Although he's spent way too long doing so. But he isn't very experianced with modeling or rigging, so I'll forgive him. And I think he's a fantastic animator, so he's going to be great once he get's into that. He's great to work with, a good communicator and also a talented man.
Eugene has done a fabulous job modeling Professor Ed, and the bar manager, and rigging them, and rigging Eva! He's the most experienced 3DStudio Max user, and is doing a great job. He's a man of few words, but he gets on with the job once he's got something clear to do. He has also acted as a technical adviser to the rest of the team. Great to work with. Another talented member of the animation team.

Anyway, I've slept for about 19 hours out of the last 133 (I just worked it out), so I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

jdex24 said...

hey dude, hope the 48 hours went ok. agree with prety much everything you said. keep it up.